I think the most terrible thing in life for my little brother is getting up in the morning. He is almost sick when my mother calls, "Herbert! It's seven o'clock! Get up!"
Herbert answers, "I'm coming!" and goes right back to sleep. I'm not at all like my brother. I don't like to go to bed at night but I don't mind getting up in the morning. I usually wake up before my mother calls me. I jump out of bed and go into the bathroom to take a shower. I get dressed, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and get ready to go downstairs for breakfast as soon as my mother calls.
But not Herbert. He just sleeps. A military band (军乐队) in our bedroom could not wake him up. I call him and say, "Get up! Mum will be up here to pull you out of bed if you don't get up immediately!"
But he just sleeps. After calling a few more times my mother has to come upstairs and pull Herbert out of bed. It's that way every day with my little brother. Perhaps some day he'll learn to get up on time, but I really don't think so.
True or False
1. The most terrible thing in life for my little brother is going to school.
2. I'm not like my brother because I like to go to bed early at night and get up early in the morning.
3. I usually jump out of bed and go into the bathroom for a shower before my mother calls.
4. When mother calls, Herbert doesn't answer and remains in bed.
5. My mother often has to go upstairs and pull Herbert out of bed as he refuses to get up.
6. Sometimes we have to send for a military band to wake Herbert up.
7. The writer thinks some day Herbert will learn to get up on time.
Key: 1-7. F T T F T F F